Re: directio performance question

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:46:08 +0200

On 7 Jul 2003 06:12:07 -0700, trestusler_at_hotmail.com (Max) wrote:

>Not to drag this on but searching metalink for solaris forcedirectio
>etc I see that Oracle and a lot of dba's recommend the forcedirectio
>option for plain UFS on solaris for performance...

truss will show they are wrong. Don't know what you are talking about because IIRC there are notes on Metalink explaining this situation. You seem to suggest I'm talking from my neck.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Jul 07 2003 - 12:46:08 CDT