Re: counting remaining extents on tablespaces

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:44:29 +0200

On 7 Jul 2003 08:50:27 -0700, amanclark_at_yahoo.co.uk (amani) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm a newbie and am having trouble configuring my tablespaces on an
>8.1.7 database running on server 2003. They are working for now but i
>would like to monitor the total amount of remaining extents per
>tablespace, preferably via the Performance manager.
>
>Unfortunately i can't seem to find a suitable datasource in the user
>defined charts and will have no real sql scripting skills for another
>month. Any help would be greatly appreciated in either finding a user
>defined datasource or some alternative?
>
>Cheers
>
>Amani

Sorry to say so, but the output would be pretty meaningless. If you are using LMTs (which you should) just divide the amount of free space by the uniform allocation size, and you have the number of extents. If you are using DMTs (which you shouldn't) you should be aware the allocation mechanism is perfectly capable of cutting one extent into two. So again the only useful measure is the total amount of free space.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Jul 07 2003 - 12:44:29 CDT