Re: counting remaining extents on tablespaces

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:45:11 GMT

What do you mean by "remaining extents"? If you mean the number of extents that could possibly be allocated, it depends on a number of factors. Are your tablespaces Locally Managed? If so, and they use the UNIFORM allocation type, then determine the free space and divide by the uniform extent size. If you are using Dictionary Managed tablespaces, then there are too many factors to say how many extents can be allocated in the future.

HTH,
Brian

amani wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a newbie and am having trouble configuring my tablespaces on an
> 8.1.7 database running on server 2003. They are working for now but i
> would like to monitor the total amount of remaining extents per
> tablespace, preferably via the Performance manager.
>
> Unfortunately i can't seem to find a suitable datasource in the user
> defined charts and will have no real sql scripting skills for another
> month. Any help would be greatly appreciated in either finding a user
> defined datasource or some alternative?
>
> Cheers
>
> Amani

Brian Peasland