Re: It takes all kinds...

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:08:09 +0100

"Paul Brewer" <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk> wrote in message news:3ef9f44b$1_2_at_mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com...
> Norman,
>
> If I were you, I really wouldn't bother. This is what they want.
> I don't know what's going to happen to the NG. We seem to be under a
'denial
> of intelligent discussion' attack here. It's sad.
> My (maybe somewhat naive) recommendation: Just ignore them. If no-one
rises,
> eventually they will get fed up, and go away to taunt someone else.

I think you are probably correct, if someone targets c.d.o.s with IBM stuff and personal abuse without ever actually having posted to c.d.i.db2 one assumes that they are fairly typical trolls and can be safely ignored. Personally I was pleased to see the lack of postings on the db2 group since I have a high regard for IBMers and that was starting to evaporate fairly rapidly.

Now if I can just engage some aussies in discussions about the rugby......

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA