Re: It takes all kinds...

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:36:39 +0100

"Norman Dunbar" <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote in message news:E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA703D3CBE8_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk...
> Hi Franklin,
>
> if I had said 'I have mated with Neil' then that would be different !
> However, I said/wrote/typed 'I have a mate' which makes 'mate' a noun
> and not a verb.
>
> Cheers,
> Norm.

Norman,

If I were you, I really wouldn't bother. This is what they want. I don't know what's going to happen to the NG. We seem to be under a 'denial of intelligent discussion' attack here. It's sad. My (maybe somewhat naive) recommendation: Just ignore them. If no-one rises, eventually they will get fed up, and go away to taunt someone else.

Regards,
Paul

This is my first and last posting in this thread, unless a response is posted by one of the white hats. Received on Tue Jun 24 2003 - 14:36:39 CDT