Re: Interesting info about Oracle

From: Keith <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 18:39:20 -0400

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> Translation: Point to a single instance of it being used to support SAP, PeopleSoft,
> Siebel, or Baan.
> Also explain how it handles high security, high transaction volumes, and disaster
> recovery: Choke!

SAP has been using there on database http://www.sapdb.org/ in many instances. Given enough time people will remove their head out of their a*s and do more ERP integration with PGSql.

I am not sure choke is an appropriate word for any of those. I have completely shut machines down by powering them off (on test machines) and have had no corruption of the database.

I am not sure what aspect of security you are referring to but here is one of the security links:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=1&file=client-authentication.html SSL connections are available also.

As for transaction volumes.. Considering the PostgreSQL is being used to host the .org name-service you can rest assured that it handles high transaction rates.

Paying for software licenses will go the way of button-down shoes. Pay for integration, support and knowledge but don't blow money on seat-licensing. Received on Sun Jun 22 2003 - 17:39:20 CDT