Installation question RH 7.2 - Ora 9.2

From: walter <wwcorigan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:14:32 -0700

I have successfully installed oracle 8.1.7 on my pentium based Redhat 7.2 system. Using the same OS configuration I am trying to upgrade it to 9.2.0.2.0.

The problem is I can't get the runInstaller to work. When I type ./runInstaller I get:

./runInstaller: cannot execute binary file

I am running this from the console in a gnome terminal window. The problems seems to be the last line of the script,

./runInstaller $* &

I notice that $* is NULL.

I think there must be something very simple that I have overlooked.

Thanks
ww Received on Tue Jun 17 2003 - 21:14:32 CDT