Re: Data Dictionary pretty-printer

From: Burton Peltier <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:10:48 -0500

Just a regular user of TOAD . Not a sales pitch.

But, TOAD will definitely do what you want. Reallllly nice Html output with everything in a schema or multiple schemas (you pick 1, 2, or all).

Within a schema Html page, are links to all tables, indexes, triggers, plsql, views, sequences, synonyms, privileges, and summary counts.

All the links (like table link) list all of the tables with detailed info on table columns , views, indexes, etc. The details have links to other lists (like an index goes to the the index list on the particular index).

Anyway, we use to use an in-house tool that needed updating.

Using TOAD was much easier. There is a free version at www.toadsoft.com , but I would guess this feature is not in it. The buy version is at the www.quest.com site and is a good deal , in my opinion.