Re: Configuring Oracle 9 on Linux (Memory issue)

From: undef <double6_at_yandex.ru>
Date: 9 Jun 2003 10:39:05 -0700

> IIRC shmmax ought to be bigger than the SGA. In your case it isn't
> Also it looks to me there is a too big difference between sga_max_size
> and shared_pool_size + db_block_buffers * db_block_size, as you don't
> seem to have the large pool and the javapool configured.
> Couldn't it be you are right now wasting memory?
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Thanx for your reply!

Well, actually i have

java_pool_size=83886080
large_pool_size=16777216

So, what should i do? Is it good to have SGA half of RAM? Is it good to have SGA 50% shared_pool and 50% db_block_buffers for the beginning?

BTW, another question about configuration files. What config files server uses? I have init.ora and initdbname.ora (for my instance). The last one overrides init.ora? I modified configuration from Oracle Enterprise Manager and restart the database, but are that changes only for one time? Where do i need to keep real values? Received on Mon Jun 09 2003 - 12:39:05 CDT