Re: What kind of a DBA are you?

From: Geomancer <pharfromhome_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 May 2003 08:08:54 -0700

> ROFL! That is one of the funniest takes on DBAs I've seen
> in a long time. Thanks for sharing.

Huh, someone on this NG likes something that DB wrote? Amazing.

Without naming names, I think most DBAs are scientists. I know several DBA's who keep the OED on their desks and love to intimidate folks by using weird words!

I also appreciate the gung-ho DBA and I have worked with more than a few. Always trying new stuff to "see what happens" and trashing production!

Yeah, CAN-DO DBA is a better label then GUNG-HO DBA.

Never met an empathetic DBA, though. Received on Sat May 31 2003 - 10:08:54 CDT