Re: URGENT Can you convert SQL Stored Proceedures to Oracle?

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 02:11:14 GMT

On Sun, 25 May 2003 15:18:35 -0700, Daniel Morgan wrote:

> Advice to Mladen, Galen, and others. Get a copy of Tom Kyte's book "Expert
> one-on-one Oracle." Tom provides ample examples of the disaster that can
> await those that migrate from SQL Server to Oracle, and visa versa, without
> a proper understanding of the architectural differences.

I have the book. I don't know which chapter do you have in mind, but I've successfully used the product on more then one occasion withou any doom & gloom events. I use Tom Kyte as a reference for things like "utl_http" and alike. Of course, if one doesn't know how to use computer and doesn't understand what he's doing, he is likely to do some damage. Nothing new under the sun. I do trust my own practical experience much more then I trust books. Thanks for a good advice but that wasn't what I expected. Do you have any practical examples of corruption or not?

--
Mladen Gogala
Software is like sex, it is better when it is free.