Re: Could not log into SQL*Plus

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:36:26 -0500

Do not use the SID but rather, use the tnsnames.ora entry for that database

To connect to an instance called DB ( assuming that tnansmes.ora has an alias called mydb.world defined for that instance)

sqlplusw "sys/pasword_at_db.world AS SYSDBA" should do it

Or try

SqlPlusw /nolog

followed after SqlPLus opens with

connect sys/pasword_at_db.world AS SYSDBA

If your sqlnet.ora file has a NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = world

you can skip the .world in the connect string..