Re: Could not log into SQL*Plus

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 May 2003 17:12:51 -0700

Peter <peter_at_nomorenewsspammin.ca> wrote in message news:<p1hpbvolhfnadosndahtlf88f1rljumrom_at_4ax.com>...
> I tried to login SQL*PLUS graphical tool as "SYS as SYSDBA"
> But what should I enter for "host string" text box?
>
> I even tried the command line
> "sqlplusw sys as sysdba/password"
>
> The manual is not very clear on the correct syntax.
> Does anyone know?
> Thanks

On Sqlplusw use this,
Username: sys
Password: password
Host String: <service name from tnsnames.ora> as sysdba

On command line sqlplus use this
sqlplus "sys@<service name from tnsnames.ora> as sysdba" Enter password:

Or
sqlplus /nolog
SQL> connect sys/password@<service name from tnsnames.ora> as sysdba

Or
set oracle_sid=SID
sqlplus /nolog
SQL> connect sys/password as sysdba

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Sat May 10 2003 - 19:12:51 CDT