Re: Oracle for Solaris x86 reborn?

From: Frank Foss <fozzie_beer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:30:07 -0700

"John D Groenveld" <groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu> wrote in message news:ba3j0u$r6i$1_at_ewok.cse.psu.edu...
> <URL:http://www.sun.com/lowcost/>
> <URL:http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/030516/0916000555_1.html>
> I don't suspect this announcement will be about Unbreakable Redhat.

I for one welcome this new initiative.
I like Solaris, running mainly on Sparc, but have a couple of Solaris8/x86 running mainly for sentimental reasons.
I was sorry to see the Solaris/x86 port go, and welcome it back.

I would love to try it out on a clustered Intel setup running Solaris and Oracle9i RAC.
If it could be comparable with RedHat running RAC cluster, I would be one happy camper.

To me, the Solaris/x86 revival make more sense than a Sun/Linux distro in the "me-too" category.

Foz Received on Tue May 20 2003 - 15:30:07 CDT