Re: Finding full-table scans?

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:39:42 +1000

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:jdBja.7783$1s1.115741_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

> "Don Burleson" <don_at_burleson.cc> wrote in message
> > Here is the script that I use to locate FTS.
> >
> > A also have lot's more SQL scripts in my latest book, Creating a
> > self-tuning Oracle Database.
> >
> > http://www.dba-oracle.com/bp/bp_book3_oracle9i_sga.htm
>
> Warning: Humbug Alert.
>
> Please tell me what is self-tuning about being able to dynamically resize
> bits of the SGA with SQL commands you have to type in yourself?? From your
> table of contents, it would appear that you believe a self-tuning PGA
counts
> as a self-tuning database.
>
> And then tell me why I should buy your book when not three months ago you
> were posting information that was technically inaccurate and eight years
out
> of date, yet offering it as good advice for current databases.
> (Incidentally, it was technically inaccurate eight years ago, too, but I
> couldn't be bothered to point it out to you at the time).
>
> The day you stop proclaiming yourself to be "one of the world's top Oracle
> Database experts", and actually start demonstrating it, I'll shut up.
Until
> then, I'll just keep quietly pointing out what a fraud you are anytime you
> pop up here.

Hi Howard,

Howard my friend, you've made mistakes here, I know I have, hell everyone has.

So how about lightening up on Don (he didn't park next to you one day and scratch your car did he) ?

If the guy takes the time and trouble to help someone out then that's great but it's somewhat harsh to refer to a mistake he made three months ago. If he makes another error, I'm sure he'll be more than glad to receive your positive comments.

Fair enough ?

Richard Received on Sun Apr 06 2003 - 06:39:42 CDT