Re: Finding full-table scans?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 10:49:16 -0700

Richard Foote wrote:

> "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> >
> > "Don Burleson" <don_at_burleson.cc> wrote in message
> > > Here is the script that I use to locate FTS.
> > >
> > > A also have lot's more SQL scripts in my latest book, Creating a
> > > self-tuning Oracle Database.
> > >
> > > http://www.dba-oracle.com/bp/bp_book3_oracle9i_sga.htm
> >
> > Warning: Humbug Alert.
> >
> > Please tell me what is self-tuning about being able to dynamically resize
> > bits of the SGA with SQL commands you have to type in yourself?? From your
> > table of contents, it would appear that you believe a self-tuning PGA
> counts
> > as a self-tuning database.
> >
> > And then tell me why I should buy your book when not three months ago you
> > were posting information that was technically inaccurate and eight years
> out
> > of date, yet offering it as good advice for current databases.
> > (Incidentally, it was technically inaccurate eight years ago, too, but I
> > couldn't be bothered to point it out to you at the time).
> >
> > The day you stop proclaiming yourself to be "one of the world's top Oracle
> > Database experts", and actually start demonstrating it, I'll shut up.
> Until
> > then, I'll just keep quietly pointing out what a fraud you are anytime you
> > pop up here.
> >
> Hi Howard,

> Howard my friend, you've made mistakes here, I know I have, hell everyone
> has.
>

> So how about lightening up on Don (he didn't park next to you one day and
> scratch your car did he) ?
>

> If the guy takes the time and trouble to help someone out then that's great
> but it's somewhat harsh to refer to a mistake he made three months ago. If
> he makes another error, I'm sure he'll be more than glad to receive your
> positive comments.
>

> Fair enough ?

> Richard

Seconded!

Come on Howard. You even lightened up on me so I know you have it in you. We need to tone down the rhetoric here a bit methinks. If you want to jump all over someone how about an expose on those egregious books claiming to be OCP guides. You could post at amazon.com and rip them as severely as some of them deserve.

Daniel Morgan Received on Sun Apr 06 2003 - 12:49:16 CDT