Re: And the correct answer is?

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:21:36 +1000

Hi Oracleuser, sfk, whoever ....

I'm certainly not the "owner" of this newsgroup (there'll be a hell of a lot more David Bowie discussions if I were), just someone trying to contribute with honest opinions. Sorry if they offended.

But you have to admit (deep down ?), this has all been pretty hilarious. Here we all were, challenged with this tricky question, only to finally discover that the question had an unfortunate "typo" that validated an incorrect answer and hid the meaning of what the hell you were going on about, confusing everyone in the process. And then you abuse poor Don (ouch) for answering your incorrect question correctly, if you take my meaning.

Thanks for the chuckle, although Don might not see it that way. I'm sure your apology to him is on it's way ...

Richard

"oracleuser" <nospan_at_noway_nohow.org> wrote in message news:3E8F3A9A.2C72038D_at_noway_nohow.org...

Richard Foote wrote:
Hi sfk,
I think you're missing the point ...
Perhaps, or perhaps you are.
I KNOW WHAT I THINK IS THE CORRECT ANSWER!!!! This question WAS posed in ONE of those OCP exam books that you obviously have so much disdane for. If I was asking about opinions with reference to the Oracle OCP program, your pajorative remark would be valid. HOWEVER, I did not and if all the ego YES, IT IS A SIMPLE QUESTION THAT MOST PEOPLE WITH ANY DATABASE EXPERIENCE SHOULD KNOW THE ANSWER TO!!!
I HAVE AND USE ORACLE 7.3.4 AND 8.7.1 AND 9.2 AND USE THEM. ALSO SQLSERVER 2000 AND DB2-UDB. You're asked a question and that's fine, but in a public forum you need to be prepared for the replies.
Point #1. Thread started with....
The following is from a text..... I would like some opinions .... what is the correct answer.
I should not need to explain myself further. If someone believes this is the work of a student then the correct response would be NO response. Instead, people for some reason, felt the need to respond with inaccurate accusations of 'student work' or attempts at intellectual or subject matter witticisms. I for one am tired of the pretentious, self deluded dribble that is increasingly being put forth by 'self appointed' gurus and 'self appointed' keepers of the news group.

And you've actually received some good answers although you don't appear to recognized them. I recognized ONE. Please enlighten me.

Now for the record, the answer to the question is somewhat trivial and can be answered by anyone with the most basic and rudimentary understanding in Oracle. The point though is that even if you don't know the answer, then logging onto a database and finding out for oneself would appear to be an equally trivial exercise.

What record are you refering to? Are you the owner of this newsgroup? As with all the others that have gotten involved with this thread, you are making inaccurate assumptions and putting forth dribble. In response to your above paragraph. NO KIDDING. THANKS FOR THE POINTER, THE UNREQUESTED OPINION. Now if you wanted to be helpful, which one would think might be your intended goal, ANSWER the question or move along!!!

So why don't you ?

No, no. Why don't you?

Well, without a magical glass ball, we can only guess. We can only guess that you are indeed a student trying to get a quick answer for free. Or you're one of those dreadful 'OCP' wanna bees who wants to get certified without having to log onto a Oracle database and without really "learning" Oracle.
No, that is the POINT. You do NOT need to guess. MOVE ALONG!

But one thing we are beginning to find out is that you currently lack a basic understanding of Oracle (and that's perfectly fine, everyone has to start somewhere), but also that you lack the initiative to help yourself and have failed dismally in the most basic of problem solving assignments. And that's not quite so fine.
Again, your stupidity is only exceeded by your arrogance.

So the question I have is why do you want to know the answer to your question.
This will probably come as a big shock to you, but all people do not study and learn in the same way. As I have previsouly stated. Why I ask a particular question is none of your concern! What questions are ask on this newgroup are also none of your concern! You do not own this newgroup. Common courtesy would dictate a courteous response or NO response. Not the ongoing dribble about what you think, of which I could care less.

Hopefully, it's not to advance you down the path of OCPment ? Because if that's the case, you will soon find out that that little piece of paper is of little protection or worth in that big cruel world out there ....
What's wrong Sparky, flunk the exam too many times? Your correct, assumptions are fun!

My social commentary for the day ;)
Good Luck
Richard
"sfk" <nospan_at_noway.org> wrote in message news:3E8E5668.81F585F3_at_noway.org...
> Thanks, I was really curious what you thought. Does every idiot on this
group
> feel the need to
> comment on a thread except in the requested manner. This is not 'oracle
group'
> but 'hey I have
> something to say and no one I know will listen so I will comment here.
This is a
> database group,
> NOT a social commentary group!!!!
>
> Gabriel Gonzalez wrote:
>
> > > You have to be the most stupid bastard on the group. READ THE WHOLE
> > THREAD!
> > > You teach? I pity the poor students that MUST put up with your crap.
Where