Re: Finding full-table scans?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr20002_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 06:33:42 +1000

> Hi Howard,
>
> Howard my friend, you've made mistakes here, I know I have, hell everyone
> has.

True enough. Big whopping mistakes, too, at times.

I can't recall ever passing on (inaccurate) 8-year old information without so much as blinking, though.

> So how about lightening up on Don (he didn't park next to you one day and
> scratch your car did he) ?

Oh, I probably would if he wasn't such a dreadful self-publicist (and technically inaccurate to boot). Or if he ever once admitted that his knowledge of how indexes behave is, er, 'deficient'.

On the other hand, this arrived in my inbox today:

Mr. Rogers,

You published: "The advice is: be warned about Burleson, because his advice is frequently technically complete gibberish." You have also published that I am a fraud in a public forum.

In the USA (and in Australia, according to my attorney) this is libel, and anyone who publishes a false statement is liable to pay damages to the wronged party.

If you think that I am going to sit by while you publish material to smear me, you are quite wrong.

This is notice that you are to retract your false and malicious statements.

I hope that it will not be necessary to pursue legal action against you, but make no mistake, I have the resolve to defend myself.

Sincerely,

Donald K. Burleson

I reckon I must be doing something right when plonkers around the globe decide a bit of 'intimidation by mentioning my attorney' is in order.

So I'll pass on being nice about Don. The technical, and other, accuracy of his output in toto doesn't warrant it.

Regards
HJR Received on Sun Apr 06 2003 - 15:33:42 CDT