Re: Money is a great thing, but strong ethic is better (I think, but Oracle not)

From: Noons <nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam>
Date: 11 Jan 2003 09:16:57 GMT

"Andy" <andy.spaven_at_eps-hq.co.uk> wrote in news:e7CT9.3410$9R.11845860_at_newsr2.u-net.net and I quote:

> Yes things have changed. Oracle's spin on this was the fact that you could
> host a web application with "limitless" users accessing through a TPmonitor
> or similar pipe into a single "concurrent" connection and make a fortune
> whilst paying Oracle pitance for a single user license (extreme example but
> clearly connection sharing using TP monitors could get a lot of users per
> license).

Yeah, but you could almost achieve the same thing with MTS and Oracle never charged more for this... IMHO, they should have some form of license for this situation but based on estimated concurrent users. Dusan's environment is quite common.

Any attempt to capitalize on that will cause Oracle problems in the long run. Of course, by then the arsehole who came up with that idea will be long gone and out of reach for responsibility. Oh well, isn't IT such a great industry...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto