Re: Money is a great thing, but strong ethic is better (I think, but Oracle not)

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 12 Jan 2003 10:44:42 -0800

Noons <nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au.nospam> wrote in message news:<Xns9300CC10E6475mineminemine_at_210.49.20.254>...
> "Andy" <andy.spaven_at_eps-hq.co.uk> wrote in
> news:e7CT9.3410$9R.11845860_at_newsr2.u-net.net and I quote:

> Yeah, but you could almost achieve the same thing
> with MTS and Oracle never charged more for this...
> IMHO, they should have some form of license for this
> situation but based on estimated concurrent users.
> Dusan's environment is quite common.
>
> Any attempt to capitalize on that will cause Oracle
> problems in the long run. Of course, by then the
> arsehole who came up with that idea will be long gone
> and out of reach for responsibility. Oh well, isn't
> IT such a great industry...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can see this thinking even in other industries today. It seems to me like a lot of companies want to survive nowadays economic downturn on behalf of their sorry customers. I think this is very shorsightited, because you cannot (I believe) win battle against your own customers. If your customer is not gonna to win, you're gonna lose together with him.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.