Re: Automatic Undo Managment on 9i

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:05:07 +1100

Gawd. You don't want to touch dictionary managed tablespace anymore.

Probably in 10i, DMT will be obsolete.

Already in 9iR2, if you have a SYSTEM tablespace that's LMT, then you can't actually create DMTs anywhere else.

No, LMTs are brilliant, and are thoroughly recommended.

(Incidentally, I would avoid autoextend if at all possible, only on the grounds that the datafile involved will autoextend when you least want it to: right in the middle of someone's transaction. But certainly, automatic undo+autoextend is a bit of a no-brainer exercise, management-wise).

Regards