Re: Oracle9i on linux/390: runInstaller error: PLEASE HELP

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:07:33 +1100

Daft question, maybe: but what sort of box are you attempting to install this on.

I thought the Linux/390 version was purely for that mother of an IBM box that has a billion virtual Linux servers running within it.

If it's just a plain old Intel box running some standard el-cheapo Linux distro, then you downloaded the wrong version. There's a plain old Linux download for such critters.

Regards
HJR "Joachim Mueller-Imm" <muim_at_uniserv.de> wrote in message news:26urta.4ju.ln_at_news.uniserv.de...
> I downloaded "Oracle9i Database Enterprise Edition Release 2 for
Linux/390"