Re: RMAN and two LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_<n>

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 05:51:00 +1100

Marc,

To put it bluntly: RMAN doesn't work in a Parallel Server environment.

Full stop. Period.

You're doing nothing wrong, but merely encountering the reason why an upgrade to 9i would be recommended, because in 9i, RMAN works perfectly with RAC. I know, I know... that's out of the question. In which case: get another backup strategy, 'cos RMAN isn't reliable in OPS.

Regards