Re: RMAN and two LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_<n>

From: Marc Blum <marc_at_marcblum.de>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 20:34:09 +0100

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 05:51:00 +1100, "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>Marc,
>
>To put it bluntly: RMAN doesn't work in a Parallel Server environment.
>
>Full stop. Period.
>
>You're doing nothing wrong, but merely encountering the reason why an
>upgrade to 9i would be recommended, because in 9i, RMAN works perfectly with
>RAC.
>
>I know, I know... that's out of the question. In which case: get another
>backup strategy, 'cos RMAN isn't reliable in OPS.
>
>Regards
>HJR
Howard,

first, thank you very much.

second, is this your personal opinion (which I appreciate very much) or an official statement by Oracle Corp.? If first, who do I have to contact, to get a statement by Oracle Corp.? If Oracle Corp. supports your opinion, I have to escalate it to my customer and stop the project. If Oracle doesn't support your opinion, I'm stuck, because if someone like you (or Jonathan or Tom or Sybrand or Richard or Nuno or ...) says it's unreliable, I won't go for it, but the customer wants something more official.

SHIT   Marc Blum
mailto:marc_at_marcblum.de
http://www.marcblum.de Received on Sun Dec 01 2002 - 13:34:09 CST