RMAN and two LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_<n>

From: Marc Blum <marc_at_marcblum.de>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 11:55:33 +0100

Hi everybody,

situation:
Oracle Parallel Server 8.1.6 (test, produktion will be 8.1.7, I have no possibility to upgrade the test DBs)

each instance archives into LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1 and LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2 on shared directories, so I have two complete sets of archived redologs

backups are performed with RMAN and catalog db, media manager is Legato Networker

requierement:
two separate RMANs, each with it's own Catalog DB, backup one distinct set of archived redologs on tape

problem:
the option DELETE INPUT within BACKUP raises this behaviour:

question:
why doesn't RMAN1 recognise the already backuped arcs? Is it a bug or well-known behaviour?

many thanks in advance

(I found a workaround by opening two channels and assigning each channel to a distinct LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_<n>, but I would prefer a solution, where I don't have to tell RMAN the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST explicitely)

Marc Blum
mailto:marc_at_marcblum.de
http://www.marcblum.de Received on Sun Dec 01 2002 - 04:55:33 CST