Re: Oracle 9.2.0.1 swap reservation on hp-ux 11

From: Arkadiusz Malinowski <am_sik_at_poczta.onet.pl>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:51:51 +0100

> HPUX by default is configured to use 'pseudo' swap (this can be disabled
> by setting a kernel parameter if not required). By default the kernel
> will take 75% of the physical memory size for the psuedo swap. As
> indicated by its name this swap does not actually exist anywhere. So
> this may explain the 2GB.
>
> Also, checking the size parameter and multiplying by the number of
> processes is also not a true guide as much of a normal processes size is
> taken by shared libraries.

I tried with swapmem_on=0 it don't work
Oracle reserve (not use) 2GB of swap memory. 59 oracle processes each reserve minimum 16384 pages of swap (chunk 2048) = c.a. 2GB
Do You know how to turn off memory swap reservation? I why each process reserve so many pages?
The biggest process (don't count Oracle ) reserve only 1000 pages.

I don't know if I must change something in Oracle not to reserve so many pages or is OS specific (if so can I change this deafault behavior?).

thanks,
Arek Received on Fri Nov 29 2002 - 02:51:51 CST