Re: too old for college? I'm confused :(

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:53:17 -0000

"Dr DOOM" <blah_at_blah.com> wrote in message news:3de67477$0$18875$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...
> Hi,
>
> If you finished your degree and you were then 24 or 25, would you say
that's
> too old for a first IT job?

Not at all.

> gah..I've done this course (IT diploma in network engineering from TAFE)
and
> can get one years worth of cross-over credit on a degree. The degree goes
> for 3 years. So instead of having to do 3 years, I'd be able to do it in 2
> years.
>
> Problem is, I'm currently 22....do you guys think this is too old?

No. Now you might find that you can get a basic job now and by the time your degree would have finished you'll have got that 2 years of experience that all the jobs ask for. Personally I'd say go for the degree but don't expect it to help *overly* much in getting a job. Degree's are worth doing for far better reasons than getting a better job.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

(Economics graduate from the 80's now theres Irony for you).