9iAS / 9iFS on same machine as 9iDB

From: Ethel Aardvark <bigjobbies_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2002 00:47:01 -0800

I am trying to install 9i application server with iFS on the same machine (W2K) as my 9i database. The installation notes contain Post-Configuration Tasks which state that they assume that AS & iFS are on a different machine from the DB. (I assume this is because they both rely on the PC's ORACLE_HOME pointing to their own home directory - and they cannot share the same home.)
The trouble is that at this stage I am unable to use two machines.

Can anyone help me, I really must sort this out ASAP!

Many thanks in advance,

EA Received on Fri Nov 29 2002 - 02:47:01 CST