Re: 9iAS / 9iFS on same machine as 9iDB

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:11:05 +0100

On 29 Nov 2002 00:47:01 -0800, bigjobbies_at_hotmail.com (Ethel Aardvark) wrote:

> (I assume this is because they
>both rely on the PC's ORACLE_HOME pointing to their own home directory
>- and they cannot share the same home.)

No, an Application Server with a webcache is a sort of file server, which shows a completely different behavior from a database server. In short: the 2 products are going to compete for resources, and chances are you'll soon regret your decision.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Nov 29 2002 - 04:11:05 CST