Re: Result Set Function - Access 2000

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:09:09 +0100

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 10:05:41 +0100, "Gerald Saurugg" <g.saurugg_at_pvm.at> wrote:

>Does anyone know what I am making wrong?
>If this way does not work in Access, is there something else in Oracle what
>I can use like an UDF on MS SQL Server.

AFAIK you need a *procedure* returning the REF CURSOR as an IN OUT parameter, and your pass-through query needs to be {begin <procedure>; end;}

IMO, wrapping functions issuing selects in other selects usually turns out to be a very bad idea. You're going to get recursive sql

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Nov 29 2002 - 04:09:09 CST