Re: Oracle 8i install on Suse 8.0

From: Tim Ashman <tashman_at_attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 02:19:39 GMT

dmz17 wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:07:16 +0000, Tim Ashman wrote:
>

> >I'm receiving a SIGSERV error when running the installer for 8i. It has
> >something to do with loading the jvm and libjava.so.
> >
> >I've searched google and haven't found anyone else having this problem.
> > Can anyone point me in the right direction.
> >
> >Thanks.
>

> Without any extensive investigation I'd say 8i is not nor will it ever be
> certified for SuSE 8.0.
>
> If you can get hold of 9iR2 I know for a fact that it will install.
>
> Cheers,
>
> dmz17

I've thought of that. My reason for installation is as a test bed and backup server to an already existing 8i install on HP-UX.

I have found a way past the SIGSERV I had to do one little thing

unset LANG

Then the installer ran.

Now what happens is that it goes through the entire install until it tries to link in everything then it bombs, I think this might be that I don't have any C++ development package installed, so tomorrow I'll tackle this. Received on Wed Oct 16 2002 - 21:19:39 CDT