Sorting works incorretly on Client

From: Jakob Blomer <jakob_at_blomer.de>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 23:03:15 +0200

Hi,
I've a problem with our Oracle 8i developer system: If I sort a table (ca. 60000 rows, indexed) on a Client mashine oracle sorts 1. Wrong order
2. It takes forever (about 15 seconds)
I found a workaround only for the first problem: alter session set nls_sort=binary;
I tried sorting on the server mashine and everything works fine. On the production system in our customer's company everything works fine on both, the client and the server.
I checked the Net8 configuration and couldn't find anything bad configured. The configuration is almost the same as on the server. We have an 100MBit switched network, all other network operations are ok.

Thanks for any help or suggestions,
Jakob Received on Mon Aug 05 2002 - 16:03:15 CDT