Re: Does a db upgrade change the SQL parser ?

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:55:54 +0200

Thank You Telemachus,

> go to 9.2 and be current ...

pity, this is not my decision, it is likely that we will stay on 8.1.7 for a longer time now...

> have you all the 817 patches ?

We have 8.1.7. R3 now.

> ORA-00980 means there's something missing
... but what "something" ? It concerns only one table, and we decided to re-create its public synonym in the late evening ...

Back to changes of parsing, is there something that could/should be done about it ?
Can a dba change it with init parameters, or is it fixed inside the Oracle Rdbms Software ? Received on Tue Jul 23 2002 - 04:55:54 CDT