Re: A tablespace with 400,000 free extents

From: Vsevolod Afanassiev <vafanassiev_at_aapt.com.au>
Date: 20 Jul 2002 18:51:40 -0700

Richard,

Thanks

But the DROP TABLESPACE command will be as slow as ALTER TABLESPACE COALESCE. My problem is to find a way to get rid of this tablespace in a reasonable amount of time. I had a table in this tablespace, it has 80,000 extents. I dropped it - the DROP TABLE took 16 hours to run. From this, my estimate for DROP TABLESPACE (or ALTER TABLESPACE COALESCE) is 80 hours.

Another question is why ALTER TABLESPACE COALESCE stops IMP from plugging in tablespaces?

Regards,
Sev Received on Sat Jul 20 2002 - 20:51:40 CDT