Installing 9i in Linux - hangs!

From: Terence Parker <terence_at_cyberparker.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 10:20:05 +0800

Anyone successfully managed to get Oracle9i to install in Linux without hanging the machine? I've attempted to install it on my RH 7.2 system, in Gnome, but the installation keeps hanging at an arbitrary point. I've never come across a piece of software as troublesome as this before!!

Anything I should be specifically doing before/during installation to stop the hanging? Or is my machine actually processing and not hung? (Though it can't even be pinged anymore!) . It's an Athlon XP 1800 so I wouldn't have thought it can be THAT slow.

Thanks

Terence Parker. Received on Sat Jul 20 2002 - 21:20:05 CDT