Re: How to confirm someone is an OCP?

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:53:19 +1000

Hi Andy,

Yes there is a certificate,a letter and a card (which incidentally is very handy for scraping the ice off the windscreen on a frosty Canberra morning) which has the person's name, version of certification and date of certification).

All these details are kept in an "unbreakable" Oracle database in the US although if you contact the Sydney office (02 9491 1000) they should be able to assist.

After you have confirmed their certification status, there may be a few questions you might want to ask:

How do you spell Oracle ?
Have you ever actually used an Oracle database before ? The database is currently shutdown. How do you start it ? Do you think backing up the database is a good idea ? Which is a valid SQL statement: SLETCE, SETLEC, SELECT, TCEES Is David Bowie just the greatest ?

Depending on the answers to these admittedly tricky questions, you can determine the suitability of the applicant :)

Good Luck

Richard