Clone/Migration database from Sun Solaris to AIX

From: Vance Wu <vwu_at_anacomp.com>
Date: 9 Jul 2002 14:49:36 -0700

My current production database is running on Sun Solaris, I try to duplicate the production database onto AIX platform.

Is there a easy way to clone a database from Sun (Solaris 2.6) to AIX (4.3) without creating new database on AIX and exp/imp the data, assuming Oracle installed is same version (EE 8.1.7) in both OS platforms.

Because the script we have for re-creating the database may not match the current production database schema, from time to time more objects have been added to the production database, even-though the script was updated but never been tested, I'm afraid they are not identical.

If re-creating the database is unavoidable, then any utility or Oracle provided script that I can find to help capture the schema from an existing database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vance. Received on Tue Jul 09 2002 - 16:49:36 CDT