Re: Clone/Migration database from Sun Solaris to AIX

From: Gopal <gkrishg_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:24:18 +0530

Vance Wu wrote:
> My current production database is running on Sun Solaris, I try to
> duplicate the production database onto AIX platform.
>
> Is there a easy way to clone a database from Sun (Solaris 2.6) to AIX
> (4.3) without creating new database on AIX and exp/imp the data,
> assuming Oracle installed is same version (EE 8.1.7) in both OS
> platforms.
>
> Because the script we have for re-creating the database may not match
> the current production database schema, from time to time more objects
> have been added to the production database, even-though the script was
> updated but never been tested, I'm afraid they are not identical.
>
> If re-creating the database is unavoidable, then any utility or Oracle
> provided script that I can find to help capture the schema from an
> existing database.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Vance.

I think the easiest and reliable way will be to create a new database on Aix, stop your instance on solaris, take a dump and import that on to Aix. This way when u bring up the instance on aix box, you'll have an exact replica of schmea and data that you have on the other box. HTH
Gopal Received on Tue Jul 09 2002 - 23:54:18 CDT