Re: Installing 9i fails - insufficient space on C: drive

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 23:44:23 +0200

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 22:05:59 +0100, "Andy Kent" <andykent.bristol.DontSpamMe_at_virgin.net> wrote:

>Attempting to install 9i on w2k barfs when it tries to copy the sample
>database because there isn't enough room on my C: drive. But it seemed happy
>with the available space before it started the install. How to I fix this,
>other than by not installing a sample database?

Clean up the C: drive?
The installer is written in Java, which means using lots of virtual memory. Depending on your configuration the available disk space may be insufficient.
Every Microsoft installation program has the problem it can't account for already installed software, when it is checking free space. How do you address this issue? By cleaning up the disk, I guess.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Jul 09 2002 - 16:44:23 CDT