Re: Forms 3.0 and Oracle 8i (8.1.7)

From: Moron <moron.jean-luc_at_rcc.ch>
Date: 20 Jun 2002 23:16:11 -0700

Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<2v54hu8hhd17iq3v2mbst88522210kpdvl_at_4ax.com>...
> On 20 Jun 2002 04:54:23 -0700, moron.jean-luc_at_rcc.ch (Moron) wrote:
>
> >can somebody give me a feedback of experiencing this kind of configuration.
> >(if it was on digital VMS , it would much nicer).
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >JLM
>

> I don't think anyone will have an experience.
> It doesn't work, as the format of the rowid has changed in Oracle 8.0
> and Forms 3.0 simply doesn't understand the new format.
> Apart from that Forms 3.0 has been desupported not even in the
> previous century, but in the Stone Age, in 1994. How about your 20
> year old vacuum cleaner for which no vendor has spare parts? Do you
> continue to use it?
>
> Regards
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

BECAUSE IT WORKS ! I am currently getting in contact with several people having experiencing the same kind of issue during the last 2 years. Oracle themslves have a patch for forms 3, just because Oracle application (or a part of it) has bee working in the same context. I you don't want to help collegues , save your time, don't reply ! Received on Fri Jun 21 2002 - 01:16:11 CDT