high data block waits in v$waitstat 8.1.7

From: sg <s4v4g3_at_europe.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:11:56 +0200

Hii

Does anyone know how to diagnostic data block waits in 8i? Currently we see around 1000 data block waits increase per day in a 100 users Oracle iAS (forms, reports and discoverer) OLTP application/system. I have recently increase the freelists of all tables to 4 but it seems it has no effect YET since freelists are added to new blocks only.

I know we have to monitor v$session_wait wand watch for p1, p2 and p3 columns but is there another way or I have to sit there and do select * from v$session_wait all the time :?

Does this improve in 9i or we have to use same technique? Received on Fri Jun 21 2002 - 01:11:56 CDT