Re: Tablespace growing at enormous rate

From: Joe <Joe_at_foo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 21:10:17 +0200

"Joe" <Joe_at_foo.com> wrote:

> However since Monday our USERS tablespace is growing at
> an alarming rate - 1400 MB per day.

To be more precise - our USERS tablespace consisted of 10 datafiles. Since Monday these files have gone berserk - as I said, 1400 MB was allocated for a datafile in USERS tablespace per day.

To remedy this somehow, yesterday I added new datafile (11th datafile for USERS), and set AUTOEXTEND OFF on old datafiles (10 of them). Initial size for this datafile was 500 M, AUTOEXTEND ON.

However, even this one skyrocketed to 1500 MB after just one day. Received on Sat May 25 2002 - 14:10:17 CDT