Re: Tablespace growing at enormous rate

From: Alun Liggins <a.liggins_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 10:39:22 +0000 (UTC)

Could be a couple of things :-

What objects are actually in your USERS tablespace?

    select * from dba_objects where tablespace_name = 'USERS';

I'd guess you may have PCTINCREASE set to something other than 0 on the objects stored in the tablespace.
Each time the segment extents it will also increase its percent size by the pctincrease amount. Hence if its set to 50 it will 'double' the size of the next extent each time it extends. select pctincrease,segment_name from dba_segments where tablespace_name = 'USERS' and pctincrease <> 0;
Its usually a very good idea to set the pctincrease to 0 for each object and size the next extent manually.

What is pctused and pctfree on the segments?

Alun