Re: Free DLL loaded by Extproc

From: Andrey Koubychev <email_at_vtc.ru>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 09:25:48 +0200

> Every session from which you call an external procedure or function,
creates a new instanse of Extproc.
> So that you have as many as instances as sessions having called the
external. An instance with correspondind DLL lock exists
> until the parent session exist.
> And to update the library you have wait until the last session holding
lock on DLL through Extproc will discconnect from Oracle.

I have read in news group that this behavior was recently changed. I use 8.1.7 and even if noone connected, dll is still locked. Anyway , there must be some feature to force unload. Because in real life server always have someone connected, so the unload moment will never happen.

--
Best regards,
Andrey Koubychev