Re: Free DLL loaded by Extproc

From: Sergey Adamenko <adamenko_at_i.com.ua>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 23:58:18 +0300

"Andrey Kubyshev" <email_at_vtc.ru> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????: news:acaepe$q2o$01$1_at_news.t-online.com...
> Hi guys,
>
> How to unlock(free) dll with my external procedure if i want to update it ?
> The problem that it can be loaded by Exproc process. In MSSQL I can do: dbcc
> my.dll (free). Whats equivalent in Oracle ? Please don't tell me that I must
> stop server :)
>
> thank you for attention

Hi, Andrey.

Every session from which you call an external procedure or function, creates a new instanse of Extproc. So that you have as many as instances as sessions having called the external. An instance with correspondind DLL lock exists until the parent session exist.
And to update the library you have wait until the last session holding lock on DLL through Extproc will discconnect from Oracle.

Best regards,
Sergey Adamenko. Received on Mon May 20 2002 - 15:58:18 CDT