Re: Newbie's Oracle 9i impression: it sucks

From: George Barbour <gbarbour_at_csc.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 08:45:00 +0100

> One more point, there are many of you Oracle folks who like to bash MS
SQL, and
> as a MS SQL DBA, I do NOT go ballistic when people bash MS SQL in this
room.
> You guys need to keep an open mind. Perhaps many of you should learn MS
SQL
> since it is CLEARLY taking over marketshare from Oracle in W2K
environment.

I am both an Oracle and MS SQL Dba, have been for many years. I use these products at my workplace for the company that employs me, if they didn't pay me I would not use them. I for one have no emotional ties to any piece of technology. My emotional ties lie entirely with my family. If you believe that it is important for you that one company is making more money, or taking more market share than another, then I suggest you ask yourself the question of where your loylties lie; with a multi-billion, multi-national corporation, (who quite frankly don't give a jot about whether you exist or not.) or with people closer to your home. Is my reply rational enough for you?

George Barbour.
Scotland. Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 02:45:00 CDT