Re: Newbie's Oracle 9i impression: it sucks

From: SQLJoe <sqljoe_at_aol.com>
Date: 21 May 2002 18:07:06 GMT

>I am both an Oracle and MS SQL Dba, have been for many years. I use these
>products at my workplace for the company that employs me, if they didn't pay
>me I would not use them. I for one have no emotional ties to any piece of
>technology. My emotional ties lie entirely with my family. If you believe
>that it is important for you that one company is making more money, or
>taking more market share than another, then I suggest you ask yourself the
>question of where your loylties lie; with a multi-billion, multi-national
>corporation, (who quite frankly don't give a jot about whether you exist or
>not.) or with people closer to your home.
>Is my reply rational enough for you?
>
>George Barbour.
>Scotland.

I think you mistakenly believe I am a MS SQL zealot. I am far from it. In fact, I will admit to all its flaws and shortcomings. What I am saying is Oracle has some glaring shortcomings which I find almost shocking. Also, I am learning DB2 right now. So I am not stuck nor have affinity toward only one product.

Jinsoo
MCDBA, MCSD, MCSE=I Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 13:07:06 CDT