materialized views not exported

From: bonminh lam <hansmayer1962_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 May 2002 05:14:59 -0700

We are using export/import (version 8.1.7) to replicate the production database to a test database.

One problem we encountered is this: some of the schemata in the production instance have materialized views (or MViews for short) which are summaries of tables on the same schema, i.e, no database link is used in the query text. After the import into the test instance, we saw that there some of the MViews became simple tables. Some others do exist as MViews.

The export and import were done using the OWNER option.

Has any one come across this phenomena or know any explanation for it? Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 07:14:59 CDT