Re: Not enough space when running Multiple Orcl clients against 9iR2 DB

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 23:19:15 +0200

On Wed, 01 May 2002 14:16:40 -0400, Saty Desai <Saty.Desai_at_oracle.com> wrote:

>Hi All :
>
>I'm getting the following error on a client
>connecting to a 9iR2 RAC
>db..
>
>ORA-27102 error "out of memory"
>HP-UX Error: 12: Not enough space
>
>We're connecting about 170 users to the DB..
>
>We have been looking at the errors we have
>been seeing. This is the
>error
>> which shows up in the listener.log
>>
>> TNS-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a
>dedicated server process
>> TNS-12540: TNS:internal limit restriction
>exceeded
>> TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
>> TNS-00510: Internal limit restriction
>exceeded
>> HPUX Error: 12: Not enough space
>
>When I run swapinfo -t on the HP-UX 11.11 box,
>I see that there's more
>than enough swap space free. I'm running
>64-bit HP-UX..
>
>If it's a full/fragmented global address space
>issue., how do I resolve
>it..
>

>Thx
>

>Saty

You need to setup MultiThreaded Server, you now have way to many dedicated servers. You can try to change the queuesize parameter in listener.ora, but most likely you are better of with MTS anyway.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed May 01 2002 - 16:19:15 CDT