Re: Is Sr. DBAs afraid of not be able to pass cert exam ??

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 18:05:45 GMT

Speaking for myself I have never taken the test, have no interest in taking the test, but use the OCP exam books as a guide when constructing curriculum for my students so I suspect that if I can teach it ... I could probably pass it.

My reasons for not taking it are as follows: 1. It costs money
2. It grants no benefit commensurate with the cost

I think our industry needs some form of real certification that has meaning: This isn't it.

Daniel Morgan